TodaysArt’s transdisciplinary and city-wide programme consists of the following modules:
– TodaysArt Indoor: Day and evening programme (concerts, performances and exhibitions)
– TodaysArt Outdoor: Installations and interventions in public spaces (Amplified Architecture)
– TodaysArt Club: Night programme (electronic music and related audiovisual arts)
– TodaysArt Exchange: Symposium, talks, workshops and education projects
– TodaysArt Periphery: Partner programmes presented by local cultural initiatives
Since its inception, the festival has amplified and celebrated the current creative climate. TodaysArt focuses intensely on the present without ignoring the past or the future and provides context on many levels throughout its programmes. Year in, year out, the festival maintains an equal ratio of local, national and international artists and offers stages for rising talent and daring pioneers who boldly explore the possibilities of the new and often controversial forms of expression.
This approach results in a platform that gives artists valuable exposure to – and interaction with – international audiences and in return provides audiences with a chance to tap into the global zeitgeist.
TodaysArt uses and transforms the city’s infrastructure and creates temporary spaces to produce events in inspiring settings, such as main squares, public buildings, museums, concert halls, clubs and theatres. Among these are the city’s most well-known venues and cultural institutes, but also the often overlooked and undervalued public spaces, buildings and initiatives; places that become actively involved in shaping the character of the city.
By offering a high quality programme and cheap tickets, TodaysArt retains its position as one of the world’s most accessible city festivals in contemporary art, music and technology.
The Hague [NL] / 23 + 24 September
Brussels [BE] / 30 September – 1 October
International Festival Beyond Art