Despite the opportunities of European funds and National announcements for smart cities and smart communities, it’s always more necessary to have a place where experts can meet and debate: the aim is building sustainable and far-seeing politics, useful to satisfy citizens’ needs in this particular moment.
The exhibition proposes a new vision of city characterised by: information flows, physical and digital relationships and communications networks, capability to create social capital, wellness for people and a best quality of life. SMART City Exhibition has many innovative aspects based on a high participation to qualified meetings and workshops, presentation of international scenarios, construction of a new shared culture aiming at transforming in a real project all those ideas and initiatives at an embryonic stage
SMART City Exhibition 2012 aims at:
SMART City Exhibition 2013 aims at:
– Developing a shared definition of smart city, showing the fundamental steps for a strategic and holistic approach; finding those sectorial politics and the relations among them and the steps to follow to implement them; explaining the role of technology on the basis of its three levels: ict platforms, vertical areas (education, health, welfare, environment, energy, mobility, etc…), peripheral devices, sensors.
– Fostering training meetings for public managers about themes on the cities of future.
– Finding and disseminating the best Italian and European experiences and determining the patterns.
– Collecting a set of documents about all aspects of a smart city in order to create a shared culture with the Central Government, cities, local authorities and companies to lay the foundations of new politics for smart cities.
– Debating on new patterns of procurement and public-private partnership that can allow far-seeing investments to improve urban life.
– Offering to citizens and to public opinion a report on progresses of innovation in cities with particular attention to accountability.