Our primary objective is to create a structure where both research and production are processes permeable to user participation. To that end, Medialab-Prado offers:
A permanent information, reception, and meeting space attended by cultural mediators.
Open calls for the presentation of proposals and participation in the collaborative development of projects.
They have several on-going programmes, which are as follows:
– Interactivos?: creative uses of electronics and programming
– Inclusiva.net: research and reflections on the network culture
– Visualizar: data visualization tools and strategies
– Commons Lab: trans-disciplinary discussion on the Commons
– AVLAB: audio-visual and sound creation
Medialab-Prado is a Program part of the Department of Arts of the Madrid City Council. It has its origin in the 2000 at the Conde Duque Cultural Center. In 2002 takes the name of MedialabMadrid and in 2007 moves to its current location at the Plaza de las Letrasn in the basement of the old Belgian Sawmill, which is its future definitive space currently under renovation. From then on it has been named as Medialab-Prado, referring its new location near el Paseo del Prado in the same neighborhood as the Museo Nacional del Prado and the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.